Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week 1 off Grocery shopping - Financial Fast

Okay I had a WILDLY successful day grocery shopping!!  Here is was I bought, and then below is what I plan on making with it - aka this weeks menu!

Store 1
2 Kraft Mayo's 32oz each.  --1.98 each -- I had a coupon for 1.00 off two, and then the store was running a special for an additional .35 off each one.  So for two Mayo's I paid 1.13 each.
1 bottle of sweet relish - 1.22
1 bag of dried cranberries - 1.48
1 bag of 12 whole wheat taco wraps - 1.00
Kraft BBQ sauce .78

Store 1 total - 7.28

Store 2
Newmans own salsa - 2.00
Organic Chicken Breast - 6.19 (3 breasts)
Bag refund .05

Store 2 total - 8.14

Store 3
2 boxes of granola bars - 2/5
2 boxes of Suddenly Salad - 1.98
Vegan Granola bars - 2.98
San Pelligrino - 1.50
Celery - 1.18
2 ears of corn - .76
2 - .50 coupons

Store 3 total 12.40

Store 4
2 Raspberries fruit bars - 1.10
1 2 pound bag of organic apples 2.49

Store 4 total - 3.59

Complete weekly shopping total - 31.31

Side note - My state does not charge sales tax on food items, so I am able to know exactly how much I will spend before leaving the house! 

Since I have so much left in my budget I am going to be going out again and getting food to donate.  After all, if I have the money to do so I should do it!  I will not be going over 50.00 per week, but I will spend up 50.00 in order to donate items.  Speaking of which - one of those Mayo's will be donated, Since my husband is the only one that will be eating it it will go bad before we can use it.

Menu - Week of June 19th-June 25th

Sunday Breakfast - Cereal, yogurt, bananas, oatmeal, granola, raspberries ( all left over from last week )
            Lunch - Odds/Ends - was out shopping so the hubby was left to fend for himself.
            Dinner - Tacos.  Chicken, salsa, lettuce, red and yellow peppers, onions ( all but the chicken is                                 leftover from last week) and the whole wheat wraps I purchased today.
Monday Breakfast - Cereal, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, smoothies, raspberries, bananas, apples.
              Lunch - Leftovers
             Dinner - Finish off the leftovers and if needed Tuna noodle casserole

Tuesday Breakfast - Same ole - Same ole
             Lunch - Left over Tuna noodle casserole
             Dinner - Chicken Salad (lettuce, red and yellow peppers, onions, edamame, cheese)

Wednesday Breakfast - Same as always
                  Lunch - Left over Chicken Salad
                  Dinner - Salad again, but I am going to try to find a different kind. 

Thursday Breakfast - Same as always
               Lunch - PB&J and apple ( I will make the bread)
               Dinner - Grilled BBQ Chicken, and a wonderful corn on the cob concoction, suddenly salad.

Friday Breakfast - Same as always
          Lunch - Left over chicken, corm and pasta
          Dinner - baked chicken with seasoning, sauteed peppers and onions, brown rice and Quinoa.

On weekends we eat scraps.  Whatever needs to be eaten we eat - so nothing goes to waste.  With only two of us we can do this, we are not too picky!  :)

Hope this helps you!  I look forward to hearing feedback, and of course tips on how I can shop better!

Happy Shopping and Savings!

Fifi   



2 comments:

  1. It's nice that you both eat "scraps". My lunch usually consists of whatever's in the fridge because no one else in my house will eat the leftover odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. My husband sometimes thinks that the dinners I throw together are a little odd - but it fills our belly and doesn't waste food. So we are both happy! Thanks for the complement!

    ReplyDelete